Conference 25th of July
‘SPOTLIGHT ON LGBT-SENIORS: BEST PRACTICES IN EUROPE’
On Monday July 25th, during EuroPride the first International Conference on LGBT seniors will take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. European Speakers and Organizations will share their best practices on LGBT Seniors within the Care sector in order to learn from each other’s approach.
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch
13.00 - 13.15 Opening by the Dutch State Secretary of Health, Welfare and Sport, Mr Martin van Rijn.
13.15 - 13.50 Information on actual developments on LGBT seniors within the Care Sector:
‘Focus on the Pink Passkey - past, present and future.’ development and successful implementation. By Petra van Mastrigt, Kiwa en Manon Linschoten, COC Netherlands.
‘LGBT Ageing: research into practice’, highlights from research in the UK andconsequences for older LGBT people in (social) care. By Antony Smith, Age UK.
14.00 - 15.30 Get acquainted with the best practices in Europe en learn all about the latest developments through the Theme Tables:
- From telephone helpline to nursing homes with The Pink Passkey, development story (Frankfurter Verband, Germany)
- Raising awareness on diversity, training for care professionals (Seta, Finland)
- Building choices; Housing for older LGBT people (Stonewall Housing, UK)
- Opportunities for cooperation with local government (Movisie & Platform Mokum Pink, NL)
- Research on housing and care for LGBT seniors (Alice Salomon University of Berlin, Germany)
- Gay Helpline, creating a network of voices (ArciGay, Italy)
- The power of a network of ambassadors (Roze 50+, NL)
- The impact of sharing life stories (Empowerment Foundation, NL)
- Let’s get started: Practical instruments for Care Institutions (Vilans & HWW Zorg De Eshoeve, NL)
- Support group for elderly gay men: a unique experience in the post-Soviet space (GENDERDOC-M, Moldavia)
Which of these Theme Tables you join is up to you! Be informed and inspired by practically experienced experts.
15.40 - 15.50 Intermezzo
16.00 - 17.00 Network drinks